Last night was extremely windy and I'm pretty sure I only got like three hours of sleep. I was also really hot, and really uncomfortable...I miss my bed at home :( Let's see....my day off was on Tuesday and it was really relaxing. I was homesick a lot of the time though because I was doing things that were making me that way, like appreciation charts, and I also had supper at the Celo Inn. Evan is a senior counselor and his parents own an Inn right down the road. It was his day off as well, so he invited Eliza and myself to come over for supper. His mom made delicious pesto potatoes that were from the garden, and we had a lot of veggies from the garden as well.
Yesterday was my last day of riding with the Juniors. Tomorrow is my last day of riding for the whole summer! It's sad to think that all my hard work for the summer is coming to a close...I'm going to miss the horses a LOT, because I've taken care of them and ridden them and trusted them with kids for two and a half months; what am I going to do when I get home? It was great, Ellie was one of the helpers and she took many pictures of me helping kids on to horses and working with them, because I hadn't taken any pictures like that all summer. It was a great day for riding and the kids had a lot of fun, but I sure am going to miss it. We also got these really awesome staff sweatshirts today, mine is blue and it has the Celo logo on the front, and then STAFF on the back :)
I have been reading Atonement this session, and I only have about 30 pages left. I've enjoyed most of it, and I can't wait to see the movie. Also this summer I read The Other Boleyn Girl in only a week! I LOVED it and that's another movie I really want to see when I get home. I have done a lot of good reading this summer, which is great because I'm taking World Lit this semester and I know we're going to have required reading for that class.
Today all the kids are going on the final camp out of the summer. I know a lot of the tent counselors will be sad about that! It's crazy that these kids leave the day after tomorrow....
Also on Tuesday I talked to this woman who wants me to babysit for her three days a week this year, and I took the job! She pays REALLY well, and it's only to babysit a 10-year old girl for 15 hours a week! I changed some of my classes around to fit with that schedule, so now I'm taking French I, Drawing I, World Lit, US History, and Political Science. I think it'll be a hard but great first semester, and I can't WAIT to get started! I'm not looking forward to the heat of Atlanta though; even on hot days here there's always a nice, cool breeze :)
I'll put some pictures up later...
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment