Sunday, September 14, 2008

Never Too Far

I realized today that I had never officially ended the Celo portion of my blog. So here it goes.


The morning I left Celo was sad, but it also meant the start of a new part of my life. I was going home. My mom came up the night before I left and we had a great supper with those few that were left at camp. She and I went into Burnsville to get ice cream and talked. Then we came back to camp and talked in Eliza's tent forever. It was the best feeling to catch up with her because before I left for camp at the beginning of the summer I felt like I hadn't seen her much. The chat was necessary. The drive back was exciting...I was so anxious to get back and see my city and the beautiful people in it.

When I got back to Atlanta I totally pampered myself...I got a much needed haircut and a mani and pedi. I had meat for dinner and all I remember is that I nearly fainted it was so good. I could feel a sort of lack of protein in my body, and so getting back into eating meat has been nice.

My life went right back into full swing as soon as I got back...I moved into my dorm two days after I got back and school started four days later. It was wonderful to reunite with all my college friends and we have had a great time getting back into gear with school and our social lives.



My classes are great; I'm taking Drawing I, World Literature, US History, French I and Political Science. I am so lucky to have such great professors and most of the classes are pretty interesting. I am also a nanny three times a week which is great because the girls are very sweet and I make good money doing it :) My roommates are so incredible, I couldn't ask for a better group of girls! We all get along so well, and Marissa and I have become almost inseparable :) She's absolutely phenomenal.


Joey is a freshman at Pfeiffer University in Misenheimer, NC this year. He is there on a cycling and academic scholarship and as far as I know he enjoys it. I was able to visit him twice already and although there really isn't much to do in that little town, he has made a few really great friends and I think his roommate is great. It's been extremely hard for me to adjust to his being gone this year, and at times I've wondered if I could really accept it. But I can. He is one of the best parts of my life and a little distance between us will never change that. It's been very hard, but I know that we will be able to make it work because we love each other. He means everything to me.



I guess I'll continue this blog for as long as I feel like writing. It's kind of fun, actually, and all of my friend's have blogs, so I guess that means I should keep one up too :) I miss Celo a ton, but it will always be in my heart and I will never forget all of the incredible people I met there or all the amazing memories we shared.



But for now, goodbye Celo, hello Sophomore year.

1 comment:

marissa said...

I think YOU'RE phenomenal =D