Thursday, June 26, 2008

An animal tour and a hike!











Tuesdays are usually our day-hikes in junior camp, and I finally got to go on one! I went on the long hike, and it was great. The campers got pretty annoying though, and drove me crazy because the whole way up they complained about how their feet hurt and how it was so long which is funny, because they did sign up for the long hike! We took the campers in a van to go a little ways down the road to a semi-small mountain, and we hiked up to wildcat rock. Even though the hike was really hard because it was really steep the entire way, getting up to the top was extremely worth it. The view was incredible.

I was really sore yesterday from the hike, and it wasn't really the best day because I was so tired and worn out. So instead of teaching Ultimate Frisbee during my wildcard activity, I took the kids on an animal tour around camp. The past few days have been really hard on me physically, so I'm gonna try and take it easy tomorrow. I also got a little homesick today, which was unfortunate because it kind of ruined my mood. I think tomorrow will be better though.

The pictures are of the hike and the animal tour; one is of the amazing view we had; another is of me holding our 4-month old lamb Zuzu.

No comments: