Sunday, June 29, 2008

A New Day

The title means a lot of things...Yesterday was a very emotional day for me because the night before was the sweat hut, which is where everyone gets in a hut with hot rocks in the middle and sweats. It is a Native American tradition I think, but it's really spiritual and puts you in an entirely different mental state because your sweat releases a lot of tension and feelings that you have. So yesterday I felt like a load had been lifted off my shoulders, but also that I had a heavier emotional burden because I was thinking about a lot of things all at once.

Also first session ended yesterday, which was quite sad. It was sad to see the old campers and helpers go, but I'm really looking forward to a new session. Kids are now starting to arrive so I should probably go, but I'll write more later. I'm also working with a boys' tent this session so it should be interesting :)

Love to everyone!

No comments: