Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Another day

So today is my day off, and I am just relaxing in the staff room right now. I think I might go sunbathe down at the river today...we have these great big rafts to hang out on :) I also might go hang out in the pasture with the horses...that's always fun.

Today the juniors went on their day hike and they won't be back till supper, and the senior campers are on their three-day hike, so camp is pretty quiet. It's very nice :) I am thoroughly enjoying camp and am so glad to be here, but I find myself really missing certain important people in my life a lot. It's strange not to be waking up with my dog Ivy sleeping my bed and going out on the porch to eat breakfast with my dad; instead I'm waking up in a tent everyday to noisy campers and lots of nature sounds.

So one of my main priorities here at camp besides the horses has been a litter of kittens. They lived down the road for the first few weeks of camp because they were too young to live at camp. One of my jobs was to drive down the road and get them twice a day to be held by campers. Yesterday, we decided that they were old enough to live at camp, so Barb (Gib's sister, Gib owns the camp) and I went and de-wormed them and brought them back to camp! They live in the loft of the tiny barn in senior camp. I'll post some pictures of them later...they are too cute :) I consider them my children because I have been taking care of them since they were about three weeks old!


I'll probably write more later today, but for now I have kittens to play with!

No comments: