Thursday, July 3, 2008

Relaxing

This morning I weeded the corn with Erika who is one of the gardeners here. It was a lot of fun; I have come to discover that weeding is a great stress reliever for me because the weeds suffocate the plants and by getting rid of them, I feel like I'm helping life continue. So that was very relaxing. I also helped to make a lovely breakfast of pancakes this morning for the campers, and that was also nice. In junior camp where I am usually, they go on camp outs once a week to spots really close by and cook on a fire and sleep under the stars. I get to go on one today with the boys tent that I'm helping out this session, and I'm really excited! It will be interesting sleeping next to five 7-8 year old boys that could potentially have bed-wetting problems, but I'm up for the challenge :)

Yesterday went a lot better than the day before. The horses behaved, which was great, and everything else about the day was nice. I felt like a ton of positive energy flowed through my body, and it was just what I needed. I was in charge of a few activities and skits was one of them. Usually we have to really work hard just to think about a plot for their skits, but this group came up with a great idea and now we have a really great skit!

Also, right before supper I went with one of the cooks, Mika, to this place called the ATRC; the Appalachian Therapeutic Riding Center. It is a co-run non-profit center where kids with disabilities from the community can come and ride. I went with her to feed the horses; she and the other instructor take turns feeding them each day. The horses seemed really sweet, and after going there I thought a lot about therapeutic riding as a career. I would love to go to a school with a good program, and I think that might be a path that I would want to take in life.


It's something to think about :)

No comments: