Friday, July 11, 2008

Roller Skating!


These are a few awesome people; on the left is me and one of the senior counselors Russell (who's from Atlanta and went to Paideia!), and on the right is Leah and Carly who are also senior camp counselors.







Yesterday after Joey left I was still on my day off so I went roller skating with the senior campers! It was so much fun, and I only fell once! I'll put up a few pictures...Today was the first day I did riding with the new horse, and it was great! I'm SO happy because everything went so well. Foxy is great, and I think her being there calms the boys down a lot as well. I believe that my confidence has been boosted a lot since she got here, and I am not as afraid of the horses here as I was a few days ago.

It's strange for me because I'm never afraid of horses and I never have been, but being at Celo is different. When I worked at Girl Scout camps with horses I was never completely in charge and didn't know what that was like, but now at Celo I have complete control. It's so scary because now I'm in charge of kids and horses at the same time. I mean, there are only three horses here to work with, but it still makes me nervous because it's all about the safety of the kids. It's hard to deal with sometimes, but I think it will get so much better now that we have a new horse that is safe and easy to work with!


We also had the best breakfast and lunch today; breakfast was eggs, grits, biscuits and cheese gravy; lunch was pasta with fresh basil and garlic from the garden and tomatoes, and fresh bread and salad from the garden.

No comments: